Wednesday, July 10, 2013

UBC day 10- Getting a Tattoo....

that's my tattoo...


We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last year. I wanted to do something special to commemorate our special day. That's when I thought of getting a tattoo. I scoured the net for appropriate designs and consulted friends who already had tattoos. Finally I zeroed in on a lovely red heart with a ribbon running through the center....I decided to get hubby's name inscribed on it.

As the time for my appointment neared, the palpitations grew and I wondered if everyone around me could hear my heart thump as loudly as it was!! All that fearlessness had managed to drown in a sea of self doubt. At the last minute, I changed my mind, and decided to chuck the heart and just inscribe his name on my arm like an armband. The artist showed me several styles on his computer and I finally settled for hubby's name in a Gothic font.

The tattoo artist made the imprint on a piece of sticker and as I saw how big it looked I felt that distinct thumping all over again! I wondered if it would pain too much, will I be able to sit still for that long, what if I decide to give up in between....! And while I was lost in all that thought, he asked me where I would like to put it.  I squirmed like a worm that's just been dug out of its safe hiding place in the ground by a little school boy.... "Err..I would like to look at some other designs, Bhaiya", I said hardly audible. He gave me a my-time-is-too-precious look that I can never forget. While I expected him to throw me out, he handed me some books nevertheless. I flipped through his books and tried to figure what would hurt the least!

Finally, I saw this little "S" that looked quite cute! Hubby's initials...Perfect! "Bhaiya, this one", I proudly showed him. He gave me a weird all-that-drama-for-nothing look..I didn't look at him after that! He quickly made the design and I showed him my upper arm. Surprisingly, it didn't pain as much as I had imagined!

Hubby was totally touched and I thought I saw a little tear form in his eyes....(nah..I made that up!)

That's how I got my first tattoo. I say 'first' because, I now want another one. And this time it'll be for me. A butterfly is what I want. Symbolic of my name....maybe by my birthday!


40 comments:

  1. Aha! That's so very sweet and so romantic. Loved your tattoo. Am inspired ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! This looks cool. I don't get threading done because I am scared of the pain yeh to I can not even think of :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed brave. I don't think I would be able to go ahead with it. I'm not surprised to know that your husband was touched by this display of love. Now you are actually wearing your heart on your sleeve. I look forward to seeing your butterfly tattoo next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *patting my back......... thanks Cynthia. that's a lovely way to put it..my heart on my sleeve! yea!!

      Delete
  4. woww!! u r a tattoo girl! i love n admire people who could gather all the courage to go through this painful ordeal! i want one myself, but i don't have the nerves :(
    and btw, i like the design... so neat n cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's all I could gather my strength for! one tiny 'S'!! a bigger one next time! now that I know the pain's bearable!

      Delete
  5. The husband picks my brain every time to get a tatoo done .. for one injection I need 4 people and 20 min... cannot even imagine a tatoo...you are very very very brave :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arre it doesn't pain so much... if the tattoo artist is an experienced one... go ahead girl, surprise ur hubby!

      Delete
  6. WOW, you are braver than me!! No way I would volunteer for a tattoo. That said, yours is really a cool design.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very brave!!
    I don't think I could get a tattoo...
    and yes, your tattoo is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haahaa...a very cute narration titli:) and first and foremost..i simply loved this design. It is simple yet very artistic and i m sure would have adorned your arm like never before. Now i know..why you want the second one. get it done lady..tatoos are super awesome. by the way i m copying your idea to get it done on my 10th wedding annv..8 more years to go :)
    congrats for ur wedding avvnrsary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 yrs? that's along way to go ! get one done for the 5th! this will be our 11th year and im now wondering what new this year...thanks!

      Delete
  9. Nice, good going! I've ben chickening out for the past few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to just happen, all of a sudden....on it's own!

      Delete
  10. Wow.princess, you took a bold step!! But it looks fantastic.An appropriate way to express your LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary Titli ! thats so much full of love .. getting these permanent marks aint that easy .. not just the physical pain .. it says how much deep your love is for the one you do it for !!
    Wish you and your husband all the very best in life !!
    I have always dreamt of doing it for someone whom I love the most ... but i have many contenders in that zone ..I will have to get my whole body tattoed :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was the reason I chose this tattoo..over the years we have given each other every possible gift and for a special 10th aniv.... i wanted it to be something permanent..

      Many contenders..ah ha? very good..way to go!!

      Delete
  12. I know all moms are super moms but, ARE YOU A SUPER MOM O_O?!

    I ask this question because I have rarely come across a person like you :-s

    Stay Blessed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a mom who puts tattoos? that makes me a super mom? hey but that should make me a super wife....this tattoo was for my hubby!!

      Delete
    2. Not only tattoos, many things :-s
      like my papa is very humorous, he looks younger than his age, has a lot of wisdom, is witty....I call him Mr. Awesome B-)

      So, I think you too are one those kind of people, the awesomes :D

      Delete
    3. awwww.. that's such a touching thing to say..thanks a ton for ur kind words! i'll cherish this forever!

      Delete
  13. I have been dying to get myself a tattoo and your idea seems like a good one. Perhaps on my tenth anniversary too I will get one for myself :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im glad im inspiring so many people....go ahead girl!

      Delete
  14. very awesummmmmm it inspires me to hv one like this :-)
    http://eyeswantstosee.blogspot.com/
    http://hindustanisakhisaheli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh that looks sooooper cool! I'm sure your husband must have been moved! Belated Wedding Anniversary wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur aren't late..the anniversary is in sept.... this was done for last year's 10th aniv... and thanks!

      Delete
  16. Wow! Thats a beautiful font and design. I love the idea of tatto. But isnt it painful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lot of ants crawling over u and biting u at the same time? know that feeling... yea..that's it! that's how painful it is!

      Delete
  17. You claim to have silently stalked my blog for learning humor. Looks like I will need to return the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. U got to help me out here.. I want to get a tattoo and as soon as my Parents get on the same board as me, I will but before all that.. I am scared of needles and plus i have strong reflexes.. every time i have been injected or blood drawn from my legs or arms have shot up asnd punched or kicked the doctor without meaning to.. If I finally do get a tattoo.. The tattoo artist would either murder me or restrain me to draw one on.. what do I do :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. relax, there's no injection, no pricks absolutely...and let me tell you one secret, there's a local anesthetic cream called 'toplap' which you can apply on the part where u need a tattoo.... say an hour before u get the tattoo..the skin becomes numb and u don't feel a thing! no, i didn't apply it, because i wanted to see how much pain i can withstand, but my dermatologist had told me about it, when i spoke to him about the safety.
      just be sure the needle the artist uses is fresh...and u see it with ur own eyes.

      Delete

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..deep gratitude for those who have lighted the flame within me!! your comments will be appreciated..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...