Sunday, June 28, 2015

Quote Challenge- Day 1 of 3


My elder one, all of 11, is away for a Karate tournament in Chennai. This is the first time he is on his own, with just his team for company. The karate master has completely banned talking on the phone, except for once before bedtime. He called me up last night and the first thing he says is,

"Mamma, I am missing you, and I just wanted to hear your voice." 

It just melted my heart to hear that! Almost brought a lump to my throat. A mother's voice continues to be the most reassuring sound for a child, no matter how old he is, isn't it? And that is exactly what inspired the quote for today...

             A child may grow out of a mother's lap, but never out of her heart!"

Here's a collage of pictures of my first born, smug on my lap, clinging to me like he'd never let go and then all grown up and ready to fly! 






Thank you Parul for nominating me for this wonderful challenge. I have turned to quotes too many times to keep count of it now! And there is always that one perfect quote which totally sums up what I have in mind! 

On day one I nominate these three awesome bloggers, Chicky, Roshni and Devika to share their quotes with us...


*******************************************************************************

This is what the 3-Day Quote Challenge is all about.

1. Post one of your favorite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own.
2. Nominate 3 bloggers to challenge them.
3. Thank the blogger, who nominated you.

12 comments:

  1. Titli , your quotation is very sweet. All mothers will love it. Mother's love for her child has no ;parallel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is so beautiful and touching :) Best wishes to your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an apt quote. At times I wish so much I could hear my mom's voice again...
    This 11-year-old is the big Harry Potter fan, isn't he?
    Thank you for nominating me. I will take this up from 1st... 3 more posts left in the favorites series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been such a touching moment for you! Loved the quote and the story behind it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a lovely quote and so well syncing with your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isnt that true? My grandmother says that to my mom and I find it so funny when she refers to her as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A post straight from a mother's heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. an emotional one..made me nostalgic..can i also participate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I was about to nominate you for day 2 ! so yes pls do participate!!

      Delete
  9. Aww! Those are such sweet and heartwarming words for a Mom! And the quote is so apt for it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, so sweet and endearing your 11-year old is! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..deep gratitude for those who have lighted the flame within me!! your comments will be appreciated..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...