Monday, June 1, 2015

Awards!


People have been always been quite generous with praising me! I find it so admirable that they are able to find so many admirable qualities in me!

I remember that my kindergarten teacher was the first one  to

recognize my hidden (no, not really!) talents and to start with this award thing. At the tender age of four, I was honored with the "Most Talkative girl" award! On the progress card, she wrote in large red letters - "Stands first in class, but very talkative!" You tell me, how many people can yap away to glory at such a tender age and also manage a get a mention of it in their progress cards? See the point?


My mom continued the tradition. It is from her that I got the "Miss Kumbhakarni" award for being able to sleep like a log. Again, that was pretty special. Being able to sleep peacefully, undisturbed, and for the right (okay...for longer) duration needs special talent, doesn't  it?  You need to know how to detach your worries from your head and store them away for later use before you hit that pillow. Needless to say, I could very effortlessly not worry about just about anything. Exams never gave me sleepless nights, neither did anything else! I  peacefully slept through most of my worries!!


Yep...this award was given to me by Hubby dearest! The "Most unorganised person" award. Now THAT is one award I am proud of receiving! I'll tell you why.  I read some kind of study somewhere which says that creative people tend to be a little unorganised. And this award just goes to show that I might have that little creative side to me!! There you know now! So if I'm forever misplacing things and hunting for things thereafter, you'd know that my creative side is trying to burst out of my highly unorganised side!


A friend's husband gave me the "Miss Wikipedia" award. If she's ever stuck with something, he'll casually remark, "Aren't you asking your Google?" I'm not sure if that is meant as a compliment or otherwise, but I believe, awards are awards, and must be treated as one! 


A friend gave me "The Drama Queen" award. And true to the drama queen that I was, I gave this beautiful teak jerking speech afterwards, thanking him for thinking me of being worthy of this award. I also made sure to thank everyone from mummy and daddy, to my kaam wali bai for their unflinching support because of which I got this much-coveted crown! 

 Yet another friend gave me the "Chashmebadoor" award because I wore a huge pair of spectacles back those days (and that makes it sure, he did not know what chashmebadoor meant!) There have been some more awards, but it would be highly inappropriate for me to make a mention of those here! So I'll leave it at that!



By the way, here's another addition to my list of awards- Top 15 short stories Blogs in India. Just when I was beginning to worry if it meant someone thought I can 'spin tall tales', hubby dearest said, 'Eat the mangoes na, why worry about the seeds?!!'


Baggout




28 comments:

  1. Congrats! Considering that I have got all those awards (though the unorganised thingy did not come from a spouse), it is but natural that I too figure in the baggout thing, albeit in humor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did ? High five there! Yea it is a pre-requisite qualification for the baggout thing...you MUST first qualify and win in all other aspects before you win the coveted crown!

      Delete
  2. I do love the humour in this post, and am quite sure that there must be many more awards hidden away in that talented mind of yours. Congratulations on being part of the Top 15 short stories Blogs in India, Little princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deepti! You are a fantastic writer of humor yourself...! Coming from you it means a lot!

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha! Well deserved... ALL of them!
    I'm just wondering... why did you share this post in the archive thread on the BAR, instead of the weekly thread! (???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      didn't even realise till you told me! now changed to the correct threads!

      Delete
  4. Congrats... I too have shared the dias for all these other than the chashmebaddor..:)

    Mirror of my thoughts... Great writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! then congrats to you too! I have a feeling we'll get along very well!

      Delete
  5. WOW!! That's a lot of awards, Titli. Loved the humor in here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Baggout award! :)
    the other awards were so fun to read and I am sure you deserve them ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations lady Titli for all these wonderful awards over the years, and you are not done yet! May you win many more! The Kumbhkarni award - o how I like that! Now we know where you get your creativity from - mind you, only creativity not necessarily the unorganized part :) Heredity also has its limits!
    Well-deserved recognition for your blog, congratulations! Keep writing and keep spreading cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the humour and the sly, sarcastic jibe at the blogger awards ;) Well, I have written the award acceptance posts too,I won't deny that, but not in quite the creative way you have :D Well done on the 15 short stories wala one :) Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja! Saw your post...that is quite a long list of awards you have! just goes to show how loved you are!

      Delete
  9. Hahaha, how cute!
    And congrats on the short stories' award! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aah! Is this your acceptance speech? :) The unorganized one was news to me. Congratulations to you that you added so many feathers to your crown alongwith a Diamond. Congratulations on receiving Top 15 short stories Blogs in India.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Top 15 Short Story Blogs In India! *bows head in awestruck wonder* *claps hands*
    Congratulations dear!

    My teacher too marked my report cards with our first award. But that was till standard tenth. That year, I got a remark : Has an aggressive personality! Thank goodness college don't have this remark scheme!

    Hahahhaa.. The Wikipedia of Commerce title has been awarded to me by my friends.. You know, the complete encyclopedia of journal entries et al! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my sons follow in my footsteps! the talkative thing is on their report cards too! so cheers to all of us! may our tribe increase!

      Delete
  12. My my..quite a few awards...
    Enjoyed the humorous aspect of the post and congratulations on the baggout inclusion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...yea! najuk khandhe pe kitne awards ka bojh! Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Awesome! Congratulations for the Baggout award and I agree with your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are most organised person I know! and I'm the total opposite!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations for the Baggout :) I've got a Lazybones award once. And of course, Kumbhkaran. :P Though nowadays, the latter award doesn't count much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea..I got that one too...Ms. Lazybones...!! and I should get one for being Absentminded too!

      Delete

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..deep gratitude for those who have lighted the flame within me!! your comments will be appreciated..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...