Saturday, May 24, 2014

Apron Strings..

“Mom, see what I drew in class today”, my elder one chirped as he came back from his drawing class.

“What’s this, it looks beautiful.” I said taking the sheet of paper he so enthusiastically put in my hands.

“Sir wanted us to imagine that we had turned into ants and have crept into mummy purse. We had to draw what we saw inside.”

That sounded cool! ‘Let me see how far his imagination had run’, I thought.

He had drawn an open purse, brown, just like mine, and the contents inside. I couldn’t really make out what they were so I asked him to explain.

“See, that’s your lipstick and that, is your eyeliner”, he said pointing out to two familiar looking shapes in brown and black, “and this is your hanky, your comb, your mobile, your keys, vehicle license, and see I even drew your book.” He sounded quite pleased with himself. Actually, I was quite pleased with him too.

I didn’t realize an 8 year old knew all that! There, I could make out, whatever he had just described, and yes! the book….a red cover with ‘Danielle Steel’ written on it! (Spelled correctly too!)He knew what I was currently reading! 

 I was touched.  


When had my little baby grown up?

To read the rest of the post....go to Parentous.com

19 comments:

  1. Aww, a woman's purse is always of much intrigue, kids are quite the inquisitive lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spelled correctly tooo.. WOW now that sure deserves a high five... Well done to the young one ..

    GOd bless ..

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Titli! Amazing how one little experience/moment can take us back to the memories of some of the most beautiful moments of life. Thanks for writing this heart-felt post. And now I know your real name too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u Beloo...!! (btw, the name was there in "about me" for quite some time now!)

      Delete
  4. mother love and attachment beyond any word can describe !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Titli. Aren't they like sponges? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are!! cute little sponges that absorb all our love and squeeze it right back when we need it the most!

      Delete
  6. He knows 'Danielle Steel'?? He's gonna make it big some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see you on Parentous, Shubhangi! It is so heartwarming to feel the depth of the bond that we share with our children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet this is ! I'm touched, the way he notices every single thing about his mom :)
    Congrats on this entry into Parentous ! :) That profile pic is so different and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person..deep gratitude for those who have lighted the flame within me!! your comments will be appreciated..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...